get-fans-468x60 Game Guru: Portal 2
Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Portal 2

Best Excuse To Cancel Class Ever

Culture Buzz I wish I was in this class. I'm dead tired for precisely the reasons laid out in this email.
Best Excuse To Cancel Class Ever


I FELL IN LOVE . . . NOT WITH A PERSON THIS TIME . . BUT WITH A VIDEO GAME.. 



Unfortunately, this game is not for stupid people.  It's the truth! This game can be too complex for the inexperienced gamer, trust me.  The game mechanics are beyond simple and can get pretty confusing sometimes.  But such is the art of Portal 2. . . It is a masterpiece!



This is Valve on another level.  I knew all along that it was gonna be an amazing game; fantastic even!  But I actually wasn't prepared enough for it to be this good!  The enormous Aperture Laboratories, the all so impressive futuristic settings, the somewhat clean and clinical feel and alien atmosphere, offers an experience more grand and breathtaking than most other games put together can provide.  It's intelligent, innovative and massively entertaining. . .







Having an over all perfect rating of 10 out of 10, Portal 2 is proudly featured to be one of the best games of the generation, and one of the best games ever made.  This brilliant mind stimulating game has become an instant classic.
Still not convinced?  Go play it yourself. . . . If you can of course.









I thought the game was over too fast though.  Personally, I didn't want the puzzles to end.  It was a hell of a ride, but it is what you call a brilliant-but-short experience.  Portal 2 is disappointingly only 6-7 hours long.  But then again your gameplay's duration would totally depend on how good you are in cracking puzzles.  I finished the game in a frame of  7 hours which I think was just average at speed.  I thought it was a good performance though, given the fact that I never played the first Portal.  I wonder how well you'll fare! ! ! 







Now I won't spill the beans as I talk some more into Portal2.  I want you to discover the cool stuff yourself...  There wont be any tutorials and walkthroughs from me either.  I'm totally against it.  Things like that can literally destroy the entire beauty of the game.  

Point is, this game is a true test of skill and intelligence.  It requires an out of the box thinking and  a sharp eye for abstract concepts.  So, before you proclaim yourself as a pro gamer,  I suggest you play Portal first :)   Think Again... 










 "GLADOS"
It's been a long time.  How have you been? 
I've been really busy being dead.  You know..
  
"After you murdered me!"






As the game progresses, the puzzles demand increasingly more complex solutions. . .  It's still you and Glados in Portal 2.  Glados retains  her slightly mechanized voice and chilling personality; yet her commentary on your activities are as amusing as ever, with the same playful and cruel sense of humor.

Sorry to cut this short, But I believe I've said enough.  Just play the game ASAP... It's as good as entertainment gets!











PRAISES FOR PORTAL 2


"An astounding accomplishment; part abstract brainteaser, part sci-fi thriller, part black comedy."
Charlie Brooker, The Guardian UK

"Sinister, sardonic and stunningly realised… Valve's idiosyncratic extra [is] a work of genius."
Top 10 Games of the Decade, The Guardian UK

"A masterpiece... One of the decade's best villains."
Best Games of the Decade, The Onion AV Club

"One of the most influential games of the decade."
Wired Magazine

"Ingenious."
USA Today

"Brilliantly designed, innovative, witty and wonderfully devious... Absolute genius."
Game of the Year, Eurogamer

"Phenomenal in every sense of the word."
Game of the Year, Joystiq

 






       P      O     R    T    A    L    2



        Y    O    U        W    I    N          








No comments:

Post a Comment